Colour Me Autumn.
September is here already which means there’s something very special in the air at this time of the year. A crisp Autumn breeze, crackling log fires and bristling leaves, floating delicately towards the ground, inspire many people to celebrate this picturesque season.
The autumn/winter 2019 catwalks have the return of some beauty classics – from smoky eyes to red lips and outdoorsy blush – re-imagined with modern twists. For the beauty experimental, graphic shapes, neon flashes, and glitter sprinklings trending too
With all emphasis focused on the eyes. There’s one golden rule valued: keep the complexion and lips as natural as possible. Dramatic and bold strip lashes used to create a stand out effect.
Heavy eyebrows win the battle of the brows, but while thicker brows have a more ‘natural’ look, Mother Nature will need a helping hand for this season’s flattering, face-framing finish. A good brow shape is like an instant face-lift. It’s the most powerful anti-ageing treatment there is.
THE DISCO LOOK
Glitter and shimmer! Bringing back the 1970s clubbing theme this Autumn. Plaster your lids in gold for that perfect couture look!
THE POST FACIAL GLOW
The simple and fresh glowing skin is the perfect look for this season. This development will see makeup take a back seat in some cases – a sign that the natural beauty boom is making its comeback.
THE RED LIP
The statement red lip is a failsafe trick for simple sophistication. This staple weapon in the art of sensuality was utilized by many of the makeup artists this season. As for colour, vibrant carmine shades were seen, as well as deep burgundies; as for texture, press lips with powder for an ultra-matte effect, or coat with a lick of gloss. One thing is sure: high pigment is the key.
The smokey eye. The one look that will never go out of fashion or fail on WOW factor. This trend will always be our favourite, especially as the Autumnal seasons arrive.
SMOKEY EYE HOW TO
- • The key is to always keep the darkest point at the lash line. It keeps the makeup really modern and fresh, and ensures you are drawing more attention to the eye vs. the makeup.
- • Keep it simple! Stick to no more than 3 shadows and a liner to pop your eyes.
- • Blend is your friend. Brushes are super important to get that blend. When it comes to a smokey eye, it doesn't matter how dark you go, or what colours you use, it's how well you can blend the liner and shadow up into skin tone. That's what gives it that sultry look.
How to create a classic smokey eye
- Start by applying a mid-tone shadow all over the lid. Opt for greys, browns or heathers to create a subtle smokey base.
- Apply a liner along the lash line, making sure you’re coating and depositing colour between the lashes to instantly pop the eye. Opt for a gel formula for easy application that won’t budge all night!
- Layer a dark tone shadow like espresso, charcoal or smoke over the liner, blending halfway up the lid and into the lid shadow. Apply along the lower lash line by softly pressing the brush on to the root of the lower lashes. Then smudge out with fingers for a smokier finish.
- Add those all-important final touches with a mascara, like Bobbi Brown’s Smokey Eye Mascara, layering 3-4 coats for a full lash effect.
- Finally, layer a sparkle shadow with your finger to give it that real party finish. It’s great for smoothing out the lid and giving that blend through the crease of the eye.