Courses Eligible for Advanced Learner Loans
Advanced Learner Loan Funding
This Government student loan scheme is a beneficial way for anyone aged 19 or over to take a Level 3 or 4 training course. There are no credit checks required for the loan and no previous knowledge is needed to start the courses. The Advanced Learning Loan Courses are available at selected training centres - London, Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle.
There is no upper age limit and it is a fantastic way to study for anyone who wishes to return to learning, gain new skills and a qualification that can lead to employment or even starting your own business!
It is only available for the following Level 3 Course, how ever it is suitable for beginners. You do not require level 1 to start the course, go straight into a Professional Qualification for fast track entry to an exciting new career:
Follow the simple process below:
- Decide that the above course is one that you want to study.
- Call us Freephone on 0800 999 2277 or complete the enquiry form below. We will then be in touch, and send you further course information and an Application Pack by email. Complete and return your application form, we will then send you a Learning and Funding Information Letter (LFIL letter).
- You go on-line to www.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans and complete your loan application using the information we have given you in your LFIL letter. You will need to have your proof of ID (such as passport or driving licence) & National Insurance Number to hand. You also download a copy of the application and sign this form and return it to Student Finance England.
- Student Finance England send you a letter to let you know you have been approved and they give you a customer reference number (CRN). Approval of your Advanced Leaner Loan does not guarantee you a place on the course.
- Once we have been notified by Student Finance England that your loan has been approved, we will email you to welcome you to the course and send your first assignment to get you started.
- 14 days after you start learning we tell Student Finance England that you have started and then they pay us your fees direct right up until you finish your beauty course.
When can I start the course?
The course is usually available every 16 weeks. Please call us for the start date and availability of the next course.
How do I qualify for the Advanced Learner Loan?
You need to be age 19 or over when you start the course, you need to have lived in England for at least 3 years and be a UK National living in England (or have 'settled status') on day one of your course. All you require to apply is proof of ID and your National Insurance number.
When do I pay this loan back?
You only start repayments if and when you earn over £21,000 per year. The first date of repayments will not be before April 2018 (for learners completing within academic year 2016/2017) and your repayments will be restricted to just 9% of any income over the £21,000. For older students, repayments are not taken from pensions. Please note if you opt for the 16 week programme, there is a registration fee of £200 which must be paid by the student to enrol, to cover your kit and uniform. It cannot be added to the loan amount. This does not apply to the 9 month programmes, as no kit or uniform is included for these.
Why else is this a good scheme?
Your household income is not taken into account and neither is your credit history. You do not need any previous qualifications or knowledge to apply and it is ideal for those who wish to get back into learning or to gain skills within a new field.
If you are 19 or older just ‘go for it’ There is a great mix of students both male and female, from all backgrounds.
For those aged over 19, it is a great way to learn on a fast track, intensive basis without the need to attend every day for a year, unlike many full time colleges. For those aged 19-23 however, you may be able to obtain grant based funding from another provider if you have no previous Level 3 achievement. You must personally consider what is the best way to fund your course and route for you to learn.
What will the course involve?
Please see the links above for a specific course outline however you will complete written work from home using your computer. Support materials are provided. You will complete practical training followed by practice required at home and will have assessments at the end of your course once you are well practised and confident. The course can be studied over 24 weeks with 2 scheduled training blocks and flexible home study. Alternatively, we offer a 16 week programme which involves attendance 2 days a week for 16 weeks.
The course require a regular commitment of up to 14 hours per week to complete study at home (alongside any training to attend also) but this allows you to study around work, childcare and other commitments.
Our Support Team are available to assist you once enrolled, throughout your course by email email@example.com or by calling 0333 800 7700.
Please see the official Government page for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan